Cheeseburger Casserole? Oh, Hell Yessss!
You know what's amazing? A fucking cheeseburger. You know what's equally (maybe slightly less) amazing? Cheeseburger Casserole, guys! Calm down. I only say maybe slightly less amazing because a cheeseburger, in and of itself, is a creation worthy of a dirty French kiss. Am I wrong? Never. Anyway, dude, I'm telling you, if you want your casserole to taste like heaven in your GD mouth, make this recipe. You like Hamburger Helper? No? Then you are insane and we can't be friends. Oh wait, you said yes. Of course you did! Ok then, consider this recipe a gourmet version of that boxed grocery store shit. Get ready to experience your taste buds exploding all over the place. Then take a nap.
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (probably 15 oz. each. I don't know because I'm too lazy to get up and actually look in my pantry)
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar (or more. Load that shit up if you want. Everyone knows cheese should have it's own holiday. I won't judge if your casserole is mostly cheese)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (I add a little more because I like me some mustard. The original recipe calls for 2 tbsp. I don't like mustard that much)
- 1 tbsp Ketchup (this is actually supposed to be tomato paste but I have no other use for tomato paste in my house, let's face it, so I used ketchup instead)
- Some sugar (those diced tomatoes can be acidic little mofo's. Use the sugar to counter this. Go easy though, too much sugar will ruin this bitch, quick)
- 2.5 cups of spiraly noodles
- 1 medium onion, diced to perfection
- Garlic (I don't know how much you want. Too much garlic is assaulting. Too little and what's the point, amiright? Use your good judgement. NOT your drunk judgment)
Now, Cook That Shit!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your spiraly noodles according to the package. Drain. Set aside.
- Saute up that onion and garlic. I used light olive oil to do this. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of extra virgin (tehehe). But, do what you want. 'Merica style.
- Add the beef. Cook that shit till it's brown. Then drain the fat. No one hates to drain burger and bacon fat more than me. It's a pain in the ass. Do it anyway or your casserole will be a greasy, nasty mess.
- Add the diced tomatoes. Stir it up. Cook for about 2 minutes or so. Mmmmm, smell that? Smells like bliss.
- Add the mustard and ketchup. Stir it up. Taste that shit. Does it need sugar? If so, add some. A little pinch at a time. This isn't dessert, it's Cheeseburger Casserole! Does it need more ketchup and mustard? It's your casserole, add some more! Add some salt and pepper in there too.
- Cook for another couple minutes.
- Add noodles.
- Stir everything together and put in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Throw that glorious cheese all over the top, pop that deliciousness in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes
- Eat the shit out of it. Boom.
I found this amazeballs recipe on Pinterest. Of course. Here is the original version. Like I said, I tweeked mine to my liking after making it a few times. I omitted the pickles on the top. This isn't the apocalypse, therefore you will NEVER see me add pickles to anything I am willingly putting in my pie hole. That said, I hope you like it!
***My sincere apologies for not posting a photo. All evidence of this casserole was destroyed by my mouth. I suck at thinking ahead***