Sweet Sweet September
I've been having a severe case of writer's block as of late and therefore haven't written shit in about a month. Sooooooo, instead of focusing on that I decided to focus on what's making me happy this month. Enjoy!
- Fall is upon us, guys! Yay! Since we live in America's Penis, it really NEVER feels like Fall here. However, that does not stop me from pretending. I put up a few Fall-like decorations and dream of pumpkins and crisp, cool weather...that will be here in like January.
- Stranger Things. If you haven't seen this amazing Netflix original then I feel sorry for you. Initially I went into the show as a skeptic. I told myself that I would give it one episode and if I didn't like it, oh fucking well. Well, holy crap, I became addicted immediately. The characters were ON POINT. And the soundtrack? TO DIE FOR! Also, can we talk about Eleven?! How adorable! The only thing that pisses me off about the show is how long I have to wait for the second season. Damn you, Netflix!
- Espresso shots. I have upped my caffeine intake to an absurd degree lately, all thanks to Dunkin' Donuts. If you need me I'll be vibrating off my walls. K. Thanks.
- The Girl On The Train. This book was AMAZING! It definitely reminded me of Gone Girl, which was also a phenomenal book. If you're into thrillers and mind-fucks, than this is totally the book for you. I am crapping my pants in anticipation of the movie version coming out next month. I mean, come on, who DOESN'T like Emily Blunt?!!
- American Horror Story. If I'm being honest, after the 3rd season of this show I sort of bowed out of watching it. I made it through a few episodes of the Freak Show season and quit. Never bothered with last season at all. But this season? Yep, I'm definitely intrigued. And the fan theories out there just make me want to watch even more!
- Halloween is coming! This always makes me super happy. My girls have already decided on what they want to dress up as, the husband ordered his costume, and I have a little something to throw on too. Trick or treating with my kiddos is one of the highlights of my year. They get so damn excited and I LOVE seeing what all the other kids and parents are wearing. The whole vibe of Halloween makes me smile. Also, it's THE perfect time to binge watch horror movies if you don't normally do that. Although you should be doing that anyway because horror movies are amazeballs. Real talk.
- Fall scented candles. Around this time of year my husband goes bat shit crazy and buys up all the smelly things that remind him of Fall. We currently have 6 candles in our house that smell of pumpkin and brown sugar. Seriously, his love for this time of year is equivalent to my love of TV. It's borderline obsessive. He may love Fall more than he loves me. Can't blame him though.
- FOOTBALL SUNDAYS! Yay! It's that time of year again where my family cheers on the Eagles and spends Sundays eating yummy food and hanging together. It's definitely one of the highlights of the year for my little fam. Family+the Eagles=Fun times...even if our team loses...which happens a lot, much to the horror of my husband and brother-in-law.
That's all I got for September. But please, my lovelies, tell me what is making YOU happy!