My August Happy List
It's been about two months since I posted a happy list so here are the things that are currently making me smile like a gd fool.
- Sauteed kale with pineapple balsamic vinegar. During my trip to Pennsylvania last month my sister-in-law introduced this to me. You guys, it is so good I can't even. Normally I am not a balsamic person but this totally blew my mind. A few days after we returned to Florida I went to the local olive oil store and picked me up a bottle. Not only is this a healthy lunch for me, it's good as hell and absolutely addicting. Thanks for the idea, sis!
- Veep. I have officially made the switch from my 700th binge of 30 Rock to my 3rd binge of Veep. This show is smart, crude, and makes me laugh out loud until I have tears. You can't get much better than that. If you haven't watched it, DO IT! I've been using Amazon Prime to binge.
- School is starting on August 22nd! Maybe I shouldn't be as excited as I am, but whatever, MOTHERFUCKING SCHOOL IS STARTING AGAIN! I can't wait! My sweet big is going into 2nd grade. We're going to have to get a schedule down again, which I am actually looking forward to. My oldest definitely needs structure and some sort of schedule or she goes bat shit crazy and literally bounces off the walls. I will hate having to set my alarm again, because ewwww mornings, but I look forward to having a more quiet household for a few hours a day. And I can't wait to meet her new teacher and see what this year holds for her.
- Starbucks Cold Brew. Oh man was it a happy day when I was able to buy a big ol' bottle of cold Starbucks black cold brewed coffee in my grocery store. I love me some Starbucks but it is expensive as fuck and too far from my house for me to justify driving there everyday, which has probably saved me some serious bank. Now I have a delicious cold coffee every afternoon when it's entirely too hot to try and enjoy a hot cup. And trust me, the day Little E decided to stop napping was the day my caffeine intake went from one cup to two or three a day. Mama's tired, guys. Bitch needs her stimulation to keep up with all 3,000 kids running around these parts.
- Not feeling as bloated. For the past 2 weeks (roughly) I have been eating WAY more veggies and healthy foods. I have also been drinking more water than I normally do. Trust me, this is a huge deal for me. I am enjoying what I'm eating and have lowered by caloric intake in a healthy way as opposed to dieting. I feel soooo much better. I don't feel like a fat piece of garbage anymore when I bend over to tie my shoes, and that is a GREAT feeling :) Being bloated sucks. Making healthier choices makes me feel like a fucking superhero.
- Bravotv.com. We got rid of our cable which didn't initially bother me until I realized I wouldn't know what all my beloved train wreck housewives would be doing. And if you have any negative comments about these ladies, I get it. They are trashy, mouthy, filthy, and FULL of drama. Which of course is why I love them. Obviously. Anyway, turns out that I can still watch these bitches FOR FREE online. Yessssss. Super exciting, and definitely something I wish I would've know sooner. Oh, and I can watch Intervention too! That makes my heart soar pretty high.
- A new found perspective on my well being. If you read my blog some days back, you will know I am trying very hard to move my life in a more positive direction. I've made some huge steps (that I will blog about in time) and am feeling so empowered and truly proud of myself, which isn't something I am used to feeling. I'll tell you man, finding happiness with JUST being me makes me grin like a total asshole. I absolutely love it.
- FINALLY being off the crazy. It has taken me MONTHS, but I have finally stopped taking Celexa altogether. I can honestly say that I feel better. Maybe a bit scatterbrained and forgetful, but my mood is more positive and that's a wonderful thing. Now if I can just remember where I put my key...
There is definitely more, my lovelies, but as I said, my brain is still adjusting to not being full of weird synapse altering drugs. Basically, I am a happy lady right now and may be getting addicted to this feeling. Keep those good vibes shooting my way. I can't get enough :)
So, what's making you happy this month?