May Flowers. Heart Emoticon.
You guys! It's practically the middle of May already! How did THAT happen? These days and weeks and months are flying by. I love it and hate it simultaneously.
Anyway, with all this time flying I realized I haven't posted about the good things happening right now. So, here are 10 things I am grateful for at the moment:
- The GIF keyboard I FINALLY downloaded. Seriously, hours of entertainment right at my fingertips. Great, just what I need, another reason to have my phone glued to my hands. Whatevs yo. It's fun.
- Microwaved sweet potatoes. Here's the deal: I didn't know how to microwave a sweet potato until last week, which is a shame because it's a total game changer. I plan on eating way more sweet potatoes now that it won't take 76 years to cook in the over or boil. Score.
- The month of May. It's my birthday month! Holla!! I will turn 31 on the 24th of this month. 31. That just feels good. So far, my 30's have been fantastic so I'm definitely looking forward to a new number.
- The gym. This week I have majorly skimped on working out. Today was the only day I went to the gym. But I love it. I really, really do. I have been busting my ass every week doing Pilates. Can we talk about Pilates for a second? Because holy shit, my core. Let's do an hour of planks! It is a wonderful workout and I can feel myself getting stronger, which is a mega plus.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Season 2 surpassed my hopes, 10 fold. Titus was a bit more over the top than I might have preferred, but I still laughed my ass off at every eye roll he made. Killer season, truly hilarious.
- Smashed avocado on toast with a sunny side egg on top and just a teensy weensy bit of cheese. Any cheese. My latest jam is feta. My lovelies, this is THE breakfast of champions. It's packed with all sorts of good stuff. Gobble it up and thank me later.
- New bedding! I FINALLY broke down and bought new bedding for my bedroom as an early birthday gift. It's white and gray and divine. I am in love. It has totally changed up the look of my room and best of all, it's super clean! So clean, in fact, that I have to make sure my chitlins are scrubbed down before they are allowed to go on my bed. I am going to try and keep it pristine for as long as possible, but in this house...well, that might mean it will be destroyed by next week. For now though, I couldn't be happier with the new purchase.
- Heart covering Stairway To Heaven. Okay, so in 2012 Heart covered Stairway To Heaven during a live performance at The Kennedy Center. I didn't get the memo. I didn't realize this epicness existed until last year! So out of the friggin' loop. Anyway, click here to watch the performance in all it's glory. I get legit chills every time I watch. Her vocals are sick, and if she can bring those fine gentlemen to tears, well kudos.
- Straight Pepper Diet: A Memoir. I have a slight obsession with addiction memoirs and this one absolutely floored me. Joseph Naus was a promising young lawyer with a penchant for alcohol and sex. After a night of heavy drinking, he finds himself beat to hell and looking at jail time for attempted rape and murder. Wow. I just finished the book this morning and can't get it out of my head. Not only is his story utterly captivating, it is also very well written. I didn't want the story to end. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up.
- My new hairdresser. His name is Justin and he is fantastic. I NEVER go to male hairdressers, but he knows what's up. I have boyish hair and should have been getting my hair cut by a man for years. He is masterful and I adore him. Also, SOOOOO much cheaper than the last girl I was going to. And he's quick. At my last salon I was always there for 67 hours getting my shit cut and had to pay $45,000 by the time I was out of there. Not anymore. Oh, and this new place? All the alcohol you want to imbibe for free. Score.
What's making you happy these days?