It Can't Rain All The Time
So my last post was very Negative Nancy. Don't get me wrong, I meant everything I wrote, but I've since calmed my ass down. I got some much needed "me" time last Saturday and am feeling semi-rejuvenated. In keeping with this positive attitude, I want to share with all of you lovelies a few things I am feeling grateful for today.
- Coffee. There isn't much more that needs to be said about that one.
- Intervention. I have been a fan of the show since it's inception. In comparison with those people, my life is damn near perfect. It's nice to put my shit in perspective sometimes.
- Naptime. When Everly naps, it's like the clouds part and Jesus himself struts over and gives me a high five. Right back at cha buddy. Also, my naps. I love me some naps, boy.
- Cheeseburger casserole. I found the recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked yum. Guys, it's like Hamburger Helper on crack. So delicious I could punch it in the face.
- My hair. It's low maintenance (surprising right?) and spunky. Plus the texture is different since I bleached it, which is fun. It's almost like straw but I totally dig that.
- Tweezers. I have lots of hair...everywhere.
- Ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise. Bathing suit season be damned because, mayonnaise.
- Cheap sunglasses. I just bought two pairs of sunglasses for $5 a piece. So what if they aren't polarized? I'm just going to scratch them up or break them anyway. Plus, they are cute. Boom.
- Lemon water in the morning. I just recently started drinking a glass of room temperature lemon water every morning. It's supposed to jump start the metabolism and blah, blah, blah. Really, I just like the taste.
- My Kindle. I go through reading spurts and am so happy I still have my Kindle from years ago. I've been reading some amazing memoirs lately written by even more amazing women. Memoirs are my jam.
- The sun. I actually got a sunburn last weekend. I know, I know, use sunscreen Justine! But it felt soooo good.
- May. It's my birthday month! YAY! It's also the month of Mother's Day and the month I get to go back to camp in Ohio to see all my new friends! I'm so excited about this month that if I don't pinch my cheeks, I will probably shit my pants.
Obviously I am also super grateful for Jon and my chitlins. They are the best and my reason for not sleeping in until noon everyday. I just lovessss them so much. I have more, so much more that I am loving these days, but I hear babies stirring from their naps. Break time over. Justine out!