Way back in May I talked about some things that made me happy. You can find it here. It's been a while since I took the time to appreciate things in my life. So, recently I took stock, and here's what's making me happy these days:
- 1st Grade- Evie is back in school and doing really well. Her attitude towards other kids and authority figures seems to be getting better day by day. Thank God. I was worried I would have a rebel forever. She's allowed to be rebellious later, not when she's 6. She still has plenty of sassy moments, but I'm seeing improvements everyday, and that makes my heart smile.
- Summer is over- I live in Florida. Summer here is BRUTAL. The humidity is enough to make you want to shower every single time you walk outside. Hot coffee is terrible. And armpits NEVER smell fresh. Fall is finally upon us, and by "Fall" I mean it's not hot as balls, it's tolerable.
- For the first time in my life, my writing was published. On Scary Mommy! My post was shared 18,000 times. The happiness I feel for that cannot be described. Here it is if you want to read it.
- The YMCA- No, not the dance, the place. I joined and have been going to workout a few times a week. I haven't seen any results yet, but I always feel an awesome sense of accomplishment when I leave. I hate feeling sweaty, but I LOVE feeling productive. Cheers to feeling healthier.
- 30 Rock- I have recently started watching this show from the beginning again (thank you for existing, Netflix) and laugh my ass off every night. Jack Donoghy is my new spirit animal. Even if he is a roaring Republican.
- October, yo. Hot damn, I love me some Halloween! I can't wait to dress my little lovelies up and go trick or treating. Last year I stayed home with Little E because she had an ear infection. I missed all the fun of watching Evie run from house to house all jacked up on copious amounts of sugary delights. Fingers (and everything else) crossed that this year will be a full family event.
- All day McDonald's breakfast. I have yet to go and order a sausage biscuit at 2:00 in the afternoon, but man am I thankful I have that option now. 'Bout time if you ask me.
- Eggs. I have been on a strange egg eating kick lately. This happens every few years. I will go weeks eating eggs every day and then hate them for a while. For now, they are delicious and I love them.
- Everly's bedtime. If there is one wonderful thing I love most about my littlest wonder, it's the fact that she is awesome at going to bed. I rock her a little, put her down, and she usually falls right to sleep. I am lucky. I know far too many other mother's that have an extremely hard time getting their toddler to bed. Evs is a champion at night. It's wonderful.
- Football Sundays. It's that time of year again when my little family joins up with our bigger family every Sunday to eat amazing food, drink yummy drinks, and watch the Eagles get their ass kicked. Somehow watching them lose hurts a little less when my belly is stuffed to the max with delicious meats and cheeses and junk. Add a few glasses of wine, and Sundays are the best.
What is making YOU happy these days?