5 Ways I'm Totally An Adult Now
- I make my bed everyday. What? That's not a big deal? Well, it is for me! I never saw the point of making the bed everyday when I knew it was just going to get destroyed that night. Also, I was SUPER lazy. But you know what I've learned over the years? A made bed is a pretty bed. I love walking into my bedroom and seeing my bed there all purty and inviting. What's that, bed? You want me to come and take a nap on you? But I can't, I just made you! I don't want to mess you all up. Okay, okay, you make a pretty convincing argument. I'll just take a little snoozy pie real quick...
- I can make an actual meal. No, folks, I'm not talking about just throwing together a box of mac and cheese. I can make a yummy, healthy meal for my family. I'm not the queen of cooking, but I can finally say that I can whip up a delicious baked salmon with a lemon dill sauce that is a hit in this house EVERYTIME. Add to that some roasted asparagus or cauliflower and some butter garlic noodles, and you've got yourself a good time. The downside of cooking? The dishes. The never-ending dishes!
- I put my children's needs in front of my own. Without question, my children are the light of my life. That said, it kills me when my kids hear me eating and swarm like salivating dogs. Sure they might be hungry, but so am I! It doesn't matter though, because they need the sandwich more than I do. So I will starve and wait until naptime to have a sandwich of my very own. Or maybe a candy bar. Yeah, definitley a candy bar.
- I comparison shopped for car insurance. Was this dull? Absolutely! Did I feel like an old lady while I was doing it? Sure. But you know what? I saved myself roughly seven hundred dollars a year, so basically I am a rock star now. As the years go on, I am becoming more and more aware of how I might be getting ripped off. If I am able to save even five dollars a month, I am ALL ABOUT IT! Why should someone else get my family's hard earned money for something that costs less somewhere else? It doesn't make sense and I FINALLY get that. I am also not such a snob when it comes to generic products. Nine times out of ten, the items are identical anyway, so why spend the extra few bucks for a name?
- I do four hundred loads of laundry a week. Give or take. I don't remember my first child having so much laundry. Maybe we just let her wear the same thing for a few days at a time? I don't know, I can't remember that far back. These days, I have an endless mound of clothes to sort, wash, fold, and put away. I've got a system down, sure, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. And truth be told, half the time I leave the folded items in the basket and forget about them, causing my family to throw their dirty clothes on TOP of the clean clothes, which of course messes everything up, leaving me to question what's clean and what's dirty so I just end up washing everything again. It's a vicious cycle.
What makes you an adult?
Psssst...subscribe for more things that make me all adult-like. Or share with your friends. I love making new friends :)